• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

This could be good, This could be bad.........

kjmc1957

Registered
Hi All

My other half surprised me today, she has next week off and she has just asked if I have "any of that stuff left for making the pen things, I thought I might go into the shed and see what I can do"
Quick as a flash I said no I've used it all....but...if you wanted to you could order some more, :winking: so she did, it arrives tomorrow!
However she wants to make a dark blue to pale blue graduated transition "without that swirly effect" Does any one have a good method of casting a transition blank of this type? I could probably suggest a layered effect but not a smooth transition....help needed... or not, I'm not absolutely sure where this will lead to?

Regards

Kevin

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Ummm this is wrong... I don't believe women should be involved in:

woodturning
golf
drinking

You should benefit from the conversation having ordered a new lathe, pen turning equipment, blank making equipment etc but then should point her straight back to the kitchen.

Sexist?... ME?... Oh!

:funny::funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Tell her you want to learn how to sew and knit can she teach you a few beginners stitches and can you have a go on her sewing machine?
If she agrees you can get together with Woody and start making dolls clothes.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi All

My other half surprised me today, she has next week off and she has just asked if I have "any of that stuff left for making the pen things, I thought I might go into the shed and see what I can do"
Quick as a flash I said no I've used it all....but...if you wanted to you could order some more, :winking: so she did, it arrives tomorrow!
However she wants to make a dark blue to pale blue graduated transition "without that swirly effect" Does any one have a good method of casting a transition blank of this type? I could probably suggest a layered effect but not a smooth transition....help needed... or not, I'm not absolutely sure where this will lead to?

Regards

Kevin

BLISS.

Peter.

kjmc1957

Registered
Hi All

Thanks very much for all the support, but there was a legitimate question in there as well, does any one know how to cast a gentle fade from dark to light with out using a swirl?

Regards
Kevin

Jim

Grand Master
I can see the pressure you are under Kevin, my only suggestion is use a light coloured wood and use dye to get your colours .. Just trying to relieve the pressure my friend .. :ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).