• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen/pencil swivel funnel holder

Rhysg

Apprentice Member
First Name
Rhys
I was advised to contact you by Bob of UK Workshop. I have a design for an executive desktop pen/pencil holder that I want to make but have been looking for pen holders that are referred to as 'swivel funnels'. I have obtained some from eBay but no dimensions were given on the advert and it turns out that they are too small in diameter to accept a 7mm slimline pen or pencil. Has anyone come across these in 8mm diameter in the UK? Any helpful suggestions would be most welcome bearing in mind that as a DIY user I would only be looking at small quantities not wholesale.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I was advised to contact you by Bob of UK Workshop. I have a design for an executive desktop pen/pencil holder that I want to make but have been looking for pen holders that are referred to as 'swivel funnels'. I have obtained some from eBay but no dimensions were given on the advert and it turns out that they are too small in diameter to accept a 7mm slimline pen or pencil. Has anyone come across these in 8mm diameter in the UK? Any helpful suggestions would be most welcome bearing in mind that as a DIY user I would only be looking at small quantities not wholesale.

Pleased to see you registered Rhys. It's a great forum and if the product is out there, these guys will help you out.

cheers
Bob

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome to the forum Rhys,

Sure Ray and Walter have pointed you in the right direction...

Let us know and introduce yourself to the forum..

Rhysg

Apprentice Member
First Name
Rhys
Many thanks for your help. If my rheumatics would let me, I'd go out and turn a couple of cartwheels! I cannot believe after all the web searching that I have done that I could miss this.
When I have completed the project, I will post a photo.
Thanks again guys.
Rhys

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Hi Rhys, welcome to the site, how about telling us a bit about yourself?

Rhysg

Apprentice Member
First Name
Rhys
It was a long time ago that I was guided in your direction for advice. Unfortunately in the interim period I had to have some plumbing work done on my old ticker and everything had to take a back seat. However, the advice to contact penkits paid dividends and they supplied me with just the items that I was looking for. I managed to finish my project before I was assaulted by a load of persons in green gowns, masks and wellies and I hope that I can attach a photo of the finished article. I've not tried to attach a photo on a forum before so here goes and no doubt someone there will be kind enough to tell me if I fail!DSCF3841.jpg

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Looks like they turned out pretty damned good Rhys :thumbs::thumbs:

The emissions one the one on the left looks a bit high though :rolling:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Worked out very well Rhys, hope the old ticker is on the mend.

Are the car badges wheel centre disks? I could fancy making an Audi one for myself.:thinks:

ps the clocks are wrong - it's 6.45 pm here at the minute :ciggrin:

Jim

Grand Master
Definitely worth the wait Rhys .. I like the idea my friend .. :thumbs:

I hope life is much better for you also my friend ..

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).