• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Need a spring???

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I thought that I would pass this one on. I lost a spring the other week when assembling a pen which I am sure most of us have done at some time or other.
I went to Maplins and they sell a box of 150 mixed springs for £3.59.
Although not all the springs will fit pens a lot will and for this price I thought it is well worth having for that moment when the air turns blue when a spring disappears in a load of shavings and sawdust never to be seen again !!!!

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
David at Timberbits sells springs.

Very handy to have.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Lost me inspiration today went out to make another Blackwood box made two of the parts got called in for lunch and then fell asleep and that was that oh well

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Why would you want to call Terry "round" now I have seen the pictures but never seen him in the flesh so wouldn't know if he was round........:face:

Cos he works his way round your workshop and its never the same again after he rounds up what he wants

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).