• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Enjoy the York shindig

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Very very sorry that I won't be able to join you again for a meet up this time in York. It sounds like Neil has done a cracking job organising it and although not exclusive to this forum it sounds as if the majority of the support is coming from within these pages. I have been very fortunate that travelling around the country I have met many forum members, Jim, Terry, Alex, NeilL Paulm, Maurice, Steve, Dylan's Grandad, Walter, Stephen, Woody, and my neighbour in Stevenage, Brian the Grump! My apologies if I have left anyone out I didn't keep a record!

Point is that forum correspondence is so one dimensional that it can be taken completely as unintended and lead to arguments and callings out. If you have met the individuals you normally appreciate that what was understood from a post was not that which was intended.

So my plea is make the effort to meet each other, go to the meets - I wager a considerable packet that the banter amongst this forums members will be above that of any other and from that our friendships will strengthen as a result. How come I got Brian as a neighbour?

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Wise words Neil. Are you still going to the Cheshire Game and Country Fair? on the August BH

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
How come I got Brian as a neighbour?

Karma? More like Kismet I think dad.
One of us will have to move and it won't be you with all the wood you're storing init?
Think yourself lucky we never met years ago, I would have been travelling with you.
Have a great birfdy Neil and Woody.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Its called karma :funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:
Well said Neil shame you cant be there mate it would have been good to catch up

Woody, I hope your are going to take your camera and post a few pics so that us unfortunates who can't get along can see what you got up to.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Bloody Hell Neil, are you going for president?... but of course as usual you're right :thumbs:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Karma? More like Kismet I think dad.
One of us will have to move and it won't be you with all the wood you're storing init?
Think yourself lucky we never met years ago, I would have been travelling with you.
Have a great birfdy Neil and Woody.

You stay still, Hertfordshire wouldnt be the same without you!

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Wise words Neil :thumbs:

Woody, I hope your are going to take your camera and post a few pics so that us unfortunates who can't get along can see what you got up to.
:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Vic I will be taking my camera, so there should be plenty of photos :thumbs: as long as Sue can work out how to use it :rolling::whistling:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Wise words indeed Mr. Farrer.
If I'm every mad enough to do something like this again, you're coming whether you like it or not!
It was good to talk to you yesterday, and your blanks are causing quite a stir:bwink:

I had arranged for some one to be the official photographer, but work commitments mean he can now not attend.
Please bring your cameras but avoid any flash photography during the turning demonstrations, it can be a little disconcerting for the demonstrator if you suddenly can't see what you are doing!

If we do something like this again, remind me not to organise a date in the middle of my annual leave!
I'm absolutely cream crackered!:face:

Jim

Grand Master
Nicely put together Neil, shame you can't make it my friend ... :kiss:

Neil L, we can all look back on this as the day so many turners invaded York, it will be written in the history books for sure .. A big thanks to you and everyone involved who made this happen .. :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Nicely put together Neil, shame you can't make it my friend ... :kiss:

Neil L, we can all look back on this as the day so many turners invaded York, it will be written in the history books for sure .. A big thanks to you and everyone involved who made this happen .. :thumbs:

Minstrels will right songs about the southern invasion and how Neil Lawton repelled them all and made them pay dearly:funny::funny::funny:

Peter

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
well said chunky :banana::banana:

Not like you to be so eloquent :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Sorry I can't come out to play either chaps but am not allowed out till after sprog 2's wedding - haven't done much turning either, too busy erecting 75 ft long x 6 ft high fences,
laying 15 tonne of gravel on the drive etc etc
I didn't realise weddings had so much preparation work to do!!

Have a good day all who go

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).