• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bowl Blanks

johnny5

Registered
Managed a small win on the lottery on the weekend so invested in some bowl blanks off Evilbay . £54 for 25 blanks of hardwood of Shirwin. Largest is 12 x 2 inches and smallest 4 1/2 x 2 inch , 25 blanks in total with the majority being around 8 x 2 with some 3 inch thick blanks included.
Arrived today , looks like i am going to be busy !!!!!!!!!!

bowl blanks.jpg

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
A double rollover this week, about time my numbers came in it think.
I dunalf put some dosh into it over the years and got nuffink back for a longly while init?

johnny5

Registered
That's a good haul for 50 quid.

Got a link to the seller or was it a one off ?
Ebay , type woodturning bowl blanks, shirwingroup was the seller and they have many packages of blanks and timbers all different sizes, mine was £54 plus £10 P&P , kiln dried and good quality timber.
sorry dont know how to share links .

johnny5

Registered
That's a good haul for 50 quid.

Got a link to the seller or was it a one off ?
Ebay , type woodturning bowl blanks, sherwin group was the seller and they have many packages of blanks and timbers all different sizes, mine was £54 plus £10 P&P , kiln dried and good quality timber.
sorry dont know how to share links .

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Nice for for the lottery and the blanks. When you get the one with lots of 0000000's I'll be your personal blank finder if you like :funny:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic

Jim

Grand Master
Gees Johnny, what would we all be like should we ever win the Euro millions lottery .. :ciggrin:

Great buy at £2.60 per blank may i add .. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).