• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

pen accessory storage

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
After my latest brief pen making experience I have found my storage of bushings and related drill bits is no good ... Where do you store yours Frankie :thinks:.

Pete B

Registered
Hi,

i keep the bushings in a slightly bigger bag than they come in, in the same drawer or box as the kits they go wth.
Otherwise i just lose them. I used to keep them all in a fisherman type compartment box but i still lost them.
So i had to go Pete proof and this works for me.

Regards

Pete

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I keep mine on the floor, that's where they end up so they may as well start there.
I now have some biscuit tins from the NAFFI so will be using them when I return.

Jim

Grand Master
I keep the drills i use often in a home made drill stand, the colt 7mm and 10mm are hung right in front of the lathe .. I keep all the bushings in this ....

IMG_4727.JPG

Pete B

Registered
Hi Frankie,

i do with a couple of kits, statesmans i keep the two bits with the bushings probably as i always have done and i do with another kit with a 3/8 ths bit, so not all just the bushings.
I would with them all except i would need loads of drillbits.
Jim, i am no where near as organised as that i'm impressed, i normally know where most things are or were even if under dust or shavings !

Pete

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks Pete, but the times i have stood in front of this tower and not been able to find the bushings i am looking for ...:goesred:

mikewr

Apprentice Member
Hi wm460
I see that your avatar is a Buff badge are you a Buff? (as I am) where is your lodge?. Do you know of any supplier who has RAOB pen clips. I have seen clips with Masonic emblems on and other things.

regards
mikewr

sbwertz

First Name
Sharon
I keep the bushings in labled bags in a compartmented plastic box. The drill bits stay in the index and I have a chart that tells which bits go with which pen. I have a full set of metric bits and a 115 bit set of SAE bits. So I have all the sizes I need. I don't like the colt 7mm bits. They are too flexible and I can't get a straight hole through a blank with one.

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
The bushings from Turners Retreat come in their own plastic boxes I just stick a label on it and store them in a small drawer. When I use them I put them an shelf above the lathe, when I have finished I put the bushes back in the box and return it to the drawer.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Mine are also from turners retreat just sierra and slimlines and they are in my top drawer of bits and bobs. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).