• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Database for Kits now in operation

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I would like you all to give Brian a large round of applause. He has worked selflessly on setting up a database for penturners.co.uk

At the moment there is not a lot of data, just enough to check if there were any glitches and of course there were none.

Please take it seriously and only enter data that you have personally gleaned. If you take a look here it is the login page
if you are interested in helping to build the database by measuring your kits then PM me and I will give you login details.

Thank you Brian, for setting it up and giving us a chance to see if it is of any use to people. I have already thought about something that isn't on there, but that might be a step to far.

Peter

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
I would love to help Peter.
Unfortunately most of the pens I've turned lately are from kits that you have sent me, so I guess that you already have the information!
Nice gesture from you and Brian to put this in place though!

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I would love to help Peter.
Unfortunately most of the pens I've turned lately are from kits that you have sent me, so I guess that you already have the information!
Nice gesture from you and Brian to put this in place though!

mmmm, you may have better measuring equipment than me, but if you do come across any kits please measure everything. Do you want the login details so you can see what we are measuring?

It was Brian who did everything, I only blackmailed him.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Ignore my PM Peter, i found this thread lol .. :whistling:

A great idea, and once again i thank both of you for your time and effort putting this together .. :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It was all Brian's effort, he's not bad really:kiss:

If anyone else wants the login details just say so here and I will PM them to you.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
This is Peter's baby I just put a simple database together with a form program at the front.
This can be edited by anyone with access so please respect the criteria of it.
You can print the data off for your own reference.
It may help some people and saves Peter having to collate the information and publish it.
Simples init?
Good luck with it I hope it gets used.
Enter as much or as little as you wish, there may be more than you want to know or do so leave those parts for someone who does want to enter it.
It is set to do a daily backup, in the event of being hacked or abused we will only lose one days data.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I have already thought about something that isn't on there, but that might be a step to far.
If it's of use to someone let me know and I'll add it.
Or you can.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Not at the moment, Ill send you the login and you can have a look.

Peter

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
can the db be set so does not allow blank name?
i.e. add but not fill in

Steve

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
can the db be set so does not allow blank name?
i.e. add but not fill in

Steve

If you add but don't fill it in you can delete it, if I understood you correctly.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
If you enter any data you will need to scroll to the bottom of the form and press Update, that will add your entry to the database. Even if you only add the name of the kit and supplier then as people measure theirs, they can add the relevant details as long as the remember to press Update.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).