• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

How retirees keep busy

sbwertz

First Name
Sharon
How Retirees Spend Their Time

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day, Mary my wife and I went into town and visited a shop. We were only in there for about five minutes. When we came out, there was a Cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and I said, "Come on, man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?" He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.

I called him a #^@*&. He glared at me then started writing another ticket for having worn-out tires.

So Mary called him a %^$*&. He finished writing the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket.

This went on for about twenty minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Just then our bus arrived, and we got on it and went home.

We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).