• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

What is the number of pens that you have made

What is the number of pens you have turned

• 10 or less

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 11-25

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 26-50

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 51-100

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 100 or more?

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

naxie

Registered
I've gone for the 11-25 option, but barely, I think I have been trying to run before I can walk tbh and had a go at segmentation, experiments in finishing etc before getting to grips with shape and flow.

The trouble is every time I see the great pictures that you all post with different ideas and techniques , I just want to try them out!!!:rolling:

I'll get there eventually :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
The trouble is every time I see the great pictures that you all post with different ideas and techniques , I just want to try them out!!!:rolling:

I'll get there eventually :thumbs:

Yo have a good attitude Ed, and your at a point now where the majority of us have been. I guarantee should you stick at it, you will be offering his advice to others ... :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
I have been making pens for about 2 years now, but never kept tab of how many. I was like a rampant rabbit in the first few months, so there will be hundreds of them out there somewhere ... :goesred:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
26-50 for me, i haven't made that many, i have probably made more that didn't turn out as planned. :ciggrin:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Not until you have finished all the decorating Terry ... :ciggrin:

Got the decorating finished today at 6 pm. Just 2 bedrooms to do after my holidays. Tomorrow it is finishing a dashboard in oak for my son in laws boat and the 2 pens for the grandkids school fayre and then a bowl or candle holder for your missus Jim and then my holidays!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Hi Folks, found this forum last week, I've been turning and selling pens for over a couple of years totals would be four figures but I've lost count.

Ian

Apprentice Member
over 50 give a lot away to family friend's and to people that give me or the club wood.reminds me i have a couple of dozen kits in the workshop time to get back at it :ciggrin:

Ian

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Many many hundreds of hundreds since the eighties, having a hiatus with family health but underway again shortly.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).