• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Harrogate 2014

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
A diary date reminder just dropped on the door mat from the North of England Woodworking & Power Tool Show, this years event is on the 21st, 22nd & 23rd of November, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. :banana::banana::banana:

So who's going & what day :nooidea:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
We're stopping in Harrogate on the Friday night and Meeting up with Walter and Edith.
A meal out and a few bevvies, then to the show on Saturday, whilst the ladies go shopping.:thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
My reminder came this morning as well but we'll be away in some strange place where the sun shines and "roos" jump in front of your car.
Think I might cancel - can I afford a divorce:thinks:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I can go either Friday or Sunday. But definitely can't do Saturday. I have an AGM which I have be at (as I am the treasurer)

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I'm hoping to go on Saturday, it will give me Sunday to recuperate, all that fun in one day takes if out of you :whistling:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I have been looking to get there and was hoping to stay overnight but couldn't find a bargain break anywhere.
No I didn't leave it till the last minute, this must be a popular show cos everything was taken so quickly i didn't get a look in.

Same as Yandells, no hoper for me this year.
It has been good meeting up with people at the venues I did go to and there will be more I am sure.
Have a great time all who do go init?

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
I have been looking to get there and was hoping to stay overnight but couldn't find a bargain break anywhere.
No I didn't leave it till the last minute, this must be a popular show cos everything was taken so quickly i didn't get a look in.

A lot of the hotels near the show ground are booked by exhibitors and demonstrators the year before!
It is a popular show, but I am led to believe the Midlands show is set to expand a bit next year as well.
The main reason you can't get any deals at this time is probably due to this

It's like a blue rinse army, with sharpened elbows, vying for position:funny:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
The main reason you can't get any deals at this time is probably due to this

It's like a blue rinse army, with sharpened elbows, vying for position:funny:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Neil. Sue doesn't know about that yet and hopefully she won't find out :pray:
I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate being referred to as part of the blue rinse army :nonono: :funny:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Neil. Sue doesn't know about that yet and hopefully she won't find out

Tell her now! right now!
Can you not see the opportunity?
She'll have a good time and not dare tell you what she spent, and why she spent it!
You can leave her in the company of like minded people and be praised for your compassion!

In the meantime, you can go to the woodworking show and spend what you want, with no argument. Because I bet she spends more than you?:devil::funny::funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).