• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Dan's new Zeta

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have made up one of Dan's new Zeta kits there are a few issues with the tolerance which Dan is in the process of getting sorted all it is the top and nib end just slide in the tube with a bit of pressure nothing a bit of ca cant fix but Dan isn't satisfied so it will be sorted before he starts to market them
On a positive note the parts are of a very nice quality with very good plating this will replace the Lucida for me it is a nice looking pen thank you Dan
DSCF1182.JPG

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Yep, sierra, aero or lucinda then...

Doesn't look anything special to me, thought after the omega we would have seen something different.:sob:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Ah so it's the old Sierra then dad as it used to be and should be but wearing a top hat.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
No Brian the old Sierra had a 10mm tube which is now 10.5mm Dan as well as looking for new style kits is tapping into an existing market with kits that people want they dont all have to be new and exciting better to get existing kits from a UK supplier who offers very competitive prices don't you think if Dan wasn't trying selling them I would be sending my money to Oz

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I am not trying to put a downer on Dan's enterprise, far from it I wish him all success.
But I am fed up with fancy names for the same crap or old stock being resold at more expense to us.
Remember these dad 9mm Sierra in a 10mm acrylic tube, next batch of Sierra's didn't the tubes made fo this kit.
Now I am expected to accept as a new kit at twice the price, sorry I ain't that gullible and won't be buying them.

1234651_1498863370374314_3494177421252257191_n.jpg

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Bloody battery going flat in keyboad init?
Should have read next batch of Sierra's didn't fit the tubes I made for this kit.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
It's a great looking kit. I even like the band and the plating looks good. We shall see. Cheers for this Woody mate.:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
It is a great looking pen with this blank Woody, but i am also in the mindset of Brian, i stopped making these kits a long time ago as they were poor sellers for me. Buit if they are coming out on the slimmer side i will of course be trying a batch .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Bloody battery going flat in keyboad init?
Should have read next batch of Sierra's didn't fit the tubes I made for this kit.

Yes Brian I remember that kit only to well but I must say looking at the two photos there is no comparison with the kit Dan sent me that old kit was crap compared to Dan's when it is sorted both ends will need to be pressed into the tube
But we both will have our own opinion its just that you cant help being wrong :funny::funny::funny::funny:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
No Brian the old Sierra had a 10mm tube which is now 10.5mm Dan as well as looking for new style kits is tapping into an existing market with kits that people want they dont all have to be new and exciting better to get existing kits from a UK supplier who offers very competitive prices don't you think if Dan wasn't trying selling them I would be sending my money to Oz

I understand where you are coming from Grandad, however I think the first kit (omega) I saw was inspiring and new in the UK bulk market rather than trying to compete with an already soaked market with a "look alike" pen.

That said I believe if Dan can market them cheaper and the quality is better than others in the UK then he may have a winner.

By the way, the aero is a 9mm tube and shorter than the lucinda and old sierra.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I would be happy to have a 9mm kit back on the market, that would give me a chance to use my old tubing,
But at £4.80 that's £5.00 a throw it's too much for what the kit is.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I understand where you are coming from Grandad, however I think the first kit (omega) I saw was inspiring and new in the UK bulk market rather than trying to compete with an already soaked market with a "look alike" pen.

That said I believe if Dan can market them cheaper and the quality is better than others in the UK then he may have a winner.

By the way, the aero is a 9mm tube and shorter than the lucinda and old sierra.

Yes Eamonn I have turned them in fact I think it was you who sent me some for H4H and if Dan can match the quality and price of them then it has to be good for all of us dont you think

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Dan has already given a guide on price so there is no debate there.

You all can and will make your own minds up but for me that is not competitive enuff to get my dosh.

Woody has highlighted issues with the kit that need sorting.

I see it as a Sierra whether its thinner, fatter, shorter or longer, tophat or bowler shiny belt or a girdle.

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
I'm sorry, but I thought this was Dan's equivalent of the Lucida. Where did Sierra come from? I know the Exec sierra from T/B is similar to the Lucida but Dan is marketing this an alternative to the Lucida. I'll be happy to stand corrected but this is my understanding. With that in mind the Zeta is comparable with the Lucida on price with the added bonus of not having to order from Australia. :thinks::thinks:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It looks very much like the elegant beauty sierra, mind you they are all the same, but slightly different.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).