• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen turners dilemma

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I often search the web looking for new ideas, probably no different to other turners, but during my search i always end up seeing something that is very unlikely available in the UK. Why is it that stores here in the UK don't do the same searches as us turners and realise that there is a market over here just selling items that the Americans have in there stores? :thinks:

Rant Over. :ciggrin:

Jim

Grand Master
What you have to consider here Tony is internet Vs Business. Here in Yorkshire we have a number of suppliers, Nottinghamshire, Snainton, and Boroughbridge to name a few. All have large stores with with more costs than just running an internet business, hence why we pay more, what we want is someone who can supply us with what we need out of a garage in their back garden. :bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I here what you are saying Jim, but don't these places also sell via the internet?

Jim

Grand Master
They do sell via the internet Tony, but they still have their overheads ... :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).