• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bullet pens ..production line

A13GNR

Well guys here is my first post (probably in the wrong place)
Been unable to contribute due to work commitments ......

Will be on & off here like a brides nighti.....

Bullet pens.....I am part way through an order of 50x for a customer in Iceland

Tops away being laser engraved...so on with the bases ready for their return...

Photos show the stage I am up to...along with one completed to show finished item
(Plain no engraving)...
Tenique & every aspect of these has been my trail & error...lots of those I can assure you...
Hope you enjoy...any questions just ask & I will endeavour to answer...cheers:thinks:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 99

A13GNR

Hi
They have a bit of weight to them...but have always been a good seller....Lucky with order as it's a serving police officer who has his own supply company...selling body armour & related kit....Most are give aways...but he wants more to sell on his website
It's my biggest order...only 10s x 20s before...
I have seen & done them 1/2 & 1/2 but prefer to do them this way....Cheers:winking:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It all looks good Graham, I agree about not using a kit nib end, but that would add more cost and time, I really don't like the clips as they always look cumbersome with the wide handles at the bottom compared to the clips on the bolt action pens which have the wide end at the top. Do you buff them up or does the buyer prefer them to look rustic? A nice sized order for you:thumbs:

Peter

A13GNR

Hi
I do buff them...on the lathe with bras so...& then dip them twice in clear lacquer..
Fail to do that...& they go Rustic very quick...especially in use...
Graham

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Hi
I do buff them...on the lathe with bras so...& then dip them twice in clear lacquer..
Fail to do that...& they go Rustic very quick...especially in use...
Graham

Do you know how long the lacquer will hold up to daily use?

Peter

A13GNR

Re lacquer ....had them out there for 2 years..did dip them once ....but do them twice to be on the safe side
Had no returns or negative feedback
The production line is a throwback to my previous working life ...over 20 + years in garment manufacture...
It's a hobby...but if ur gonna do it...do it efficiently .....
Graham

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Morning Graham, understand when orders are made by then the discussion is over so getting on with streamlining the process is survival really.Noted your background enables you I have found repetitive tasks need that approach and my set up is devoted to a machine for every task, found they dont have to be rolls royce but enabling.I often wondered just how biros react in a hostile climate like Iceland?

All the best in your ventures look forward to see your pens made with other materials mate.

Peter.:thumbs:

A13GNR

Well Peter
Been to Iceland twice ...once for 5 days & another for three days...all paid for by work...
Climate wise...I went in there summer time...unfortunately the worst they had experienced for over 100 years...rain..rain. & more rain...must say that the experience of being in daylight 24/7 in there summer time...really screwed up my brain.....but had some memorable experiences
It is an amazing place....& only a 2 hour flight from uk.....

Regards the set up...agree 100%...just hate turning around in circles doing one at a time.....
I am like you but think we are lucky in that respect.....any ££££ I have earned has been re invested into my workshop...
Machines ... Tools etc...
Regards how they will fair in their climate....only time will tell....
Graham

Last edited:

Jim

Grand Master
It is good to get an order, but 50 must make you feel top of the world Graham, super pens my friend .. :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A fantastic production there. People love these pens, anything military, they just got mad for it. :thumbs:

A13GNR

Biggest one yet...your right Jim....gives u a nice feeling that someone has faith in your work...
Lucky...my middle name...cheers

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
A nice production setup there.
I am not keen on the rifle clips either but that's just my preference to use the kit clips.
I like the kit nibs, keeps it looking like a pen, you'd have to be some numbskull not to know they are shell cases init?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).