• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

She Sells My Pens

Jim

Grand Master
Every now and them my wife is asked to bring in my pens as they are wanting to buy one for a family occasion. Today she took them in and sold me Five .. Four Slimlines and one Barron, the slimlines that were sold were three segmented ones and one of my own resin mixes, the Baron was a fountain pen made with Burr Elm .. :ciggrin:

I sell more Slimline pens than any other .. And by a country mile ... :nooidea:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Very nice Jim and I am very pleased for you.
Its good to have a money making hobby and to know that your efforts are appreciated even if its only enough money to buy goods and equipment to keep the hobby going.
I don't sell mine personally but give them to be sold in clubs pubs naffi etc.
I don't have a total but have certainly raised some surprising amounts for Help for Heroes, that is my passion for pen turning.
The bullet pens sold well in Cyprus and the officers mess raised a stunning £230 for a Roman Harvest in Burr oak which I never got a picture of as it was taken as I finished it.
That gave me a very warm glow to think my work was that good I hope you feel the same when you hear of another sale. It is very satisfying.
Keep up the good work and thanks for your work here in these forums too they really are a credit to you.

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
probably because they're cheaper Jim.........:bwink: ??????

Last edited:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
Nice one Jim.

Up here it seems to be Sierra's that sell the most.

Which is handy.. as they are probably the easiest to make, and use less materials.. :ciggrin:

I sell a lot of sierras, but they tend to had Stylii on them...

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Every now and them my wife is asked to bring in my pens as they are wanting to buy one for a family occasion. Today she took them in and sold me Five .. Four Slimlines and one Barron, the slimlines that were sold were three segmented ones and one of my own resin mixes, the Baron was a fountain pen made with Burr Elm .. :ciggrin:

I sell more Slimline pens than any other .. And by a country mile ... :nooidea:

What commission did she charge Jim? lol

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
My wife has sold me a few pens at her works, they were sierra's also.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).