• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

What do you think of this new Forum Software

Jim

Grand Master
Guys, take a look at this forum Penturners it is a mirror finish of what we have here, just different software. You can log in there with the same details you have here ... :thumbs:

The only thing with that site is that it is not live, it is a test ... :bwink:

Let me know what you think ... :thinks:

You can test out with some posts if you wish ... :bwink:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Blimey I just had a look, How bloody much.
Whats wrong with the free ones phpbb looks like the standard sort of thing to me, but what do I know.
I am sure its a lot more involved than I think, All I can say is thanks for doing it because I don't see where you make money from it.
A great community is building up here, its been good fun and educating for me already, certainly the best forum I hae seen recently and I am pleased to be part of it.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Jim, I'm sure it's just a familiarity thing but it seems less user-friendly than the current one. If we need to move lets move by all means, but otherwise I'm in the "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it" camp. :whistling:

Jim

Grand Master
Gents, we ain't moving anywhere unless we have to, the link is a choice we have should VB go tits up ... :bwink:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
have a look at zetaboards Jim.... not sure how that compares financially :bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I hope we dont move away from the set up here mate, it is user friendly once you get to know it. :thumbs:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
As long as the contributors move as well then its not a problem as its the people who make this forum - even you George lol. If its a question of finance Jim then I'll chip in whatever's needed.

keith

Pete B

Registered
I agree with Keith its the people which make a forum worthwhile and this on is very good.
But, if a n other software makes it easier and less time consuming for Jim then change, as i am sure we can all adapt as i am sure they are all easy to use for users.

Pete

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks very much guys i really appreciate your offers, you have to believe me when i tell you that it is has nothing to do with finances and we will not be moving unless we have to .. This forum is ours and i wouldn't want it any other way ... :thumbs:

I have had that other forum software quite a while, i bought it to support the developers like many others did when they were being sued by vbulletin ...

Now with all the goings off over at vbulletin i thought that i would take a look at how it looked .. But it will stay dormant s long as vbulletin doesn't go under ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).