• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New here!

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
Good afternoon all, just saying Hello as I'm new to the Forum and to turning.

Well, it's a bit of a return to turning as I did do some in school, but that was 15 years ago, and work and family have got in the way of any meaningful woodwork for far too long!

But I've now got a little lathe set up in my garage, and I've had a go at a couple of pens, and a few other bits, but I'm starting to understand what you mean by the 'bug'!

My first two pens, the blue one is a laminate blank from Axminster and the red is acrylic, also from axminster on their 7mm slimline pen kits.

Would love to know your thoughts, i think?!

2013-06-16 17.53.31.jpg

Gav

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Gav .. :thumbs:

Two nice pens for starters Gav, have a shop around for your blanks and kits, you will get the same ones cheaper elsewhere ... :bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Welcome Gav, in a few months of pen turning you will be making pens with your own coloured woods, you mark my words. :ciggrin:

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
Thank you all for the welcome, I'm looking forward to sharing some more work with you, and exploring the fascinating world of pen turning.

Had my first disaster last night (blank broke as I was finishing turning the shape on a classic americana fountain:vangry:) so I'll put some more detail and pictures up later to try and get some help on where I went wrong!

Gav

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Best way to introduce with those pens both delightful, well made and as has been said equal to the task finished well, not easy with man made blanks for first pens.

Kind regards Peter.

mervyn cadman

Well done Gav remember there's no medicine or tablets you can take for this addiction what you have done with these two pens is great but remember there's no going back.

Great work matey
:bwink::bwink:

Mervyn

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).