• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

homemade pressure pot

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
So I made the vac chamber a while ago and was always going to make a pressure pot so Im using gas main for the pot and a 1" chopping board as the base

20150117_145710.jpg

20150117_174835.jpg

Turned down the base

20150117_181208.jpg

Test fit is good so i turned it to size and glued it in with plastic cement when it is dry i will reinforce it with long screws.

20150117_185641.jpg

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
that sort of gas hdpe is rated to 10bar ... but your issue will be keeping a seal on the lid and base

Yes that sounds about right and rings a bell
of what the guy said...the base is glued and will be screwed
and I will run a bead of silicone around the base inside
The lid is a work in progress....

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I wondered as well when I saw the floplast bottle Frankie as I know it's formulated for drainage fittings and not really suitable for hdpe.
Chilprufes threaded bars sounds a good idea and you could still do it with separate loose oversize base and top, maybe just ply with the bars in those. Belt and braces?

What did you use the blue pipe for btw? I have a couple of bits I think about 120 dia with a 10 / 12 mm thk wall. Was wter pipe if I remember but forgot the material spec.

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
I wondered as well when I saw the floplast bottle Frankie as I know it's formulated for drainage fittings and not really suitable for hdpe.
Chilprufes threaded bars sounds a good idea and you could still do it with separate loose oversize base and top, maybe just ply with the bars in those. Belt and braces?

What did you use the blue pipe for btw? I have a couple of bits I think about 120 dia with a 10 / 12 mm thk wall. Was wter pipe if I remember but forgot the material spec.
Yes this solvent is just to fill the voids but i am going to mechanicly fix also ...screws.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).