• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Busy day making jigs

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I have a busy day starting by making a 12in sanding disc using 1/2in MDF and fitting an old Record 6in faceplate to it so that I can use it on the lathe. Then decided to make a pen press buying the press movement off ebay( I think it was Jimjam who gave me the info.
I then needed some 12in sanding sheets to fit the sanding disc so off I went to Snainton to buy them. Also decided I needed a Sorby box scraper platform
to fit my modular rest system ( I can sit the blanks on this when sanding the ends). Had a look at the mandrel savers and decided to buy one. Looked at the various blanks ( more money spent)
Looked at the clock movements ( more money spent)

I'm glad the wife wanted to see the grandkids!!!!!!!!!! :devil::devil::devil:

Jim

Grand Master
Pictures of the jigs would help with our thoughts Terry ... :ciggrin:

Empty the boot in the morning ... :bwink:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Subject to correction it was Frankie who posted about his shop-made pen press, Terry. Love to see pics of all the loot! Always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission ...:bwink:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
well, nice to know I'm not the only one !!!!

Reverse car up to shed / workshop door, up car ramps if you have them-
''just going to look at the exhaust dear'' open shed door, open boot smuggle goodies into shed.
''Nope, the rattle isn't the exhaust dear'' car parked,
'' just going to play in the shed dear''.

Job done.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I was in Snainton on monday. The wife came in with me while I was picking some wood then she got bored and went and sat in the car while I went to pay. Its amazing how much you can spend on tools in 3 minutes then put them at the bottom of the bag and cover with pen blanks. snigger snigger.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I was in Snainton on monday. The wife came in with me while I was picking some wood then she got bored and went and sat in the car while I went to pay. Its amazing how much you can spend on tools in 3 minutes then put them at the bottom of the bag and cover with pen blanks. snigger snigger.

Too true!!!!!!:ciggrin::ciggrin::ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).