• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Newbie Starting Out!...

BigBas

Apprentice Member
First Name
Bas
Afternoon All!

Newby to the forum, and a newby to Wood Turning, introduced funnily enough by our friendly neighbourhood Dan Smith! Dan has already explained that "this forum is more like an asylum at times" which has left me slightly intrigued!!!

Kinest Regards

Bas Van Der Hoeven

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Don't listen to Steven Bas, the whole world is down south from him. We are all gentlemen on here that sup tea and have afternoon biscuits... probably.

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Hi Bas and welcome to the forum. Good luck with all your turning experiences, once you start, you won't be able to stop so I hope you are wealthy my friend.

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Asylum, they told me it was just like home from home. I like my padded cell and all my chisels have corks on the end. Welcome.

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Welcome to the Asylum Bas, I can assure you it is an Asylum as that is the only place i am allowed nowadays so i am told!

woodyfxr

Apprentice Member
First Name
Ken
Like i am fairly new here, about 2/3 weeks. Also like you i have never turned a bit of wood as i thought it was highly dangerous.
I can honestly say they are a great bunch here and come up with all types of tips and advice, they have helped me no end really.
I am enjoying making pens like i never thought i would.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).