• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pepper Mill (Starter)

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Hi,
I am about to attempt turning a Pepper-Mill, (12 inch -300 mm ) any tips?
Drilling may be a problems - please advise.

Basically,Help needed

Rowdy

Jim

Grand Master
Sorry i can't help Rowdy, i haven't made a move to leave the pen making just yet, i do try but i always find myself back to the pens ... :rolling:

Good luck with your project and be sure to let us know how you are getting on with it ... :thumbs:

naxie

Registered
Hi Rowdy, not sure if its still relevant to you but this link

its a walk through on making a pepper mill.

I quite like the guy to be honest, very amusing and comes out with some good tips.:thumbs:

Bluefoxy

Not sure if it's relevant but I have made a number of pepper and salt mills using the crushgrind mechanism which you can get from TR or Stiles and Bates. If you get the S&B catalogue Dave Bates has posted a very clear method of making one in his back pages. An internet search will also provide some pointers. As you say the most difficult part is boring the holes. Sharp drills and slow drilling are most definitely needed. The advantage of the crushgrind mechanism is that you don't have the fiddly job of securing the mechanism with those fiddly little screws. It also comes with a 25 year guarantee!

Ray

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Hi Rowdy, not sure if its still relevant to you but this link

its a walk through on making a pepper mill.

I quite like the guy to be honest, very amusing and comes out with some good tips.:thumbs:

Thanks for the video, very helpful looks like this weekend I'm makin shavins...... if her in doors is ok with it....!:bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).