• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Very troublesome platter

Frederick

Registered
First Name
Frederick
Hi all,

This was a piece of Oak that I picked up from my local firewood supplier. It has good figure but it was really punky in places. It was classified as not even fit to burn so I bagged it for a pint.

20201113_122434.jpg

20201113_122442.jpg

It measures 14in diameter (the maximum my lathe will take) by 3 inches. The wood dictated the design on this occasion due to extremely rotten pathes. I shudder to what actually gets burnt these days.

Cheers
Frederick

Stand on your head to view :funny::funny: (different camera again)

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Sometimes even the most unlikely piece of wood can show it's inner beauty Nice job Frederick.

It was classified as not even fit to burn so I bagged it for a pint.

Stand on your head to view :funny::funny: (different camera again)

Well it will not hold fruit either being an upside down bowl:face::face::face:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).