• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Anyone remember him??

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
We all start one way or another and then divert and find our own path....well a really good friend and inspiration from here has yet again popped up in print ....
@Walter well done mate. Walter Hall penturner, is now also a very talented tool restorer (book coming soon??) I have seen his path and progress through FB, nice to see his back in print again although very shy and hides behind the camera :lmao:

Attachments

• 20240406_130214.jpg
    20240406_130214.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 20

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
We all start one way or another and then divert and find our own path....well a really good friend and inspiration from here has yet again popped up in print ....
@Walter well done mate. Walter Hall penturner, is now also a very talented tool restorer (book coming soon??) I have seen his path and progress through FB, nice to see his back in print again although very shy and hides behind the camera :lmao:
Thanks for the mention Mark. I still lurk here occasionally but rarely log in. I don’t do much turning these days for health reasons that prevent me standing for long and restrict my mobility but I do still make a few pens which I am able to do from a tall revolving workshop stool. My tool restoration can be done sitting at the workbench. There are some examples of my restored tools on my website.

MikeC

First Name
Michael Cowling
When I first started this addictive hobby in 2015, I saw an article by Walter about making an aluminium pen on a wood lathe.
I had a go, and as a newcomer to pen turning I was pleased with the result, and the article gave me the inspiration to carry on with the hobby.
Just a memory I thought I would share!

Mike

ChrisP

First Name
Chris
I have one of these in my hobbit hole in mint condition don’t think it ever been used