• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Got me a razor set

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Look good, nice finish.

That one is so called the safety razor! Feck knows why as it’s not safe nor is it a razor,,, it takes a layer of skin off on each pass and you end up with more toilet paper on your face than is left on the roll.

Joking aside I started off with the double sided Wilkinson sword razors, but tried them again to reminisce and wished I hadn’t 🤬

Great set, I use my own made badger brush and a MachIII.

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Beautifully done Alex 👌👍
One of those things that I have never turned 🤔
Did see one the other day a kit like yours but took the standard Gillette razor, as Eamonn said above, never knew why they called them a “Safety Razor” lovely scar on my chin from the 1st time I ever used one and took out a chunk of my chin 🫣🫣
Was a “little” while ago now 😇😉

pittswood

Fellow
First Name
Kelvin
Nice set Alex. I've been wet shaving since I was a laddie. Started by my grandfather with a cut throat razor. Tried all the plastic razors and supplied the tiling guys with blades that could put on tile grout, grooves an all. I could get a five o'clock shadow at 11am in the morning, three hours later.
If that is the normal razor bought kit, then you can change the head to a German shaving head. The Muhle shaving heads, will fit and can be bought on their own.
The gap of the blade to the lip, is tighter than the gap on these kit bought ones. This makes a better and closer shave, without the guts on the face. Muhle, are the only shaving heads I use and I don't cut myself, even shaving twice or three times, in one go.
Happy shaving !!!!
Kelvin

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
Nice set Alex. I've been wet shaving since I was a laddie. Started by my grandfather with a cut throat razor. Tried all the plastic razors and supplied the tiling guys with blades that could put on tile grout, grooves an all. I could get a five o'clock shadow at 11am in the morning, three hours later.
If that is the normal razor bought kit, then you can change the head to a German shaving head. The Muhle shaving heads, will fit and can be bought on their own.
The gap of the blade to the lip, is tighter than the gap on these kit bought ones. This makes a better and closer shave, without the guts on the face. Muhle, are the only shaving heads I use and I don't cut myself, even shaving twice or three times, in one go.
Happy shaving !!!!
Kelvin
Thanks Kelvin I’d not thought to try the Muhle head on it, I’ve Muhle and have always been super happy with it.
Have decided to try out a few other kits and projects this next year 👍