• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello

Emjaysee

First Name
Michael
Hi. My name’s Mike and I’ve just joined the forum. I’ve been turning for about 10 years but I’ve never turned a pen so I thought I’d try something new. I’ve bought the Charnwood pen turning kit (not arrived yet) which will hopefully get me started and I’ve watched a few YouTube videos. Apart from that I know nothing! I realise it’s a learning experience so I’d appreciate any pointers, especially where to buy good quality materials. Thanks.

PensFromNo11

First Name
Darren
Welcome Mike, I have similar experience to you and have found this forum invaluable.
Ask a question and youre get great advice, there are some very experienced and skillful pen makers here

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay 😁... Axminster tools is a good place to start as is Beaufort ink, Turners Retreat, Styles and Bates, Penkitz and Bitz...
E Bay can be good' IF ' you know what your looking for (too much over priced cr*p, if your not careful)

MikeC

First Name
Michael Cowling
Ah, Many happy hols waiting in the rain with parents for the B&B to open at 4pm!!

Very nice part of the County around where you live

Mike