• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ribbon pen breakdown

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
Haha.. we all know the saying a photo never lies.... but it also doesn't show all the truth!
All of us here know the size of a pen blank and therefore the 'real' size of those pieces and the precision needed - if I'm making a table for instance I might be (a bit!) more comfortable as there are greater tolerances but there's no room to be a mm or two out :shitfan:

Thanks for sharing through it looks interesting!

Your segmenting has had an influence though...if my current project comes out as planned I'll share :praying:

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
Haha.. we all know the saying a photo never lies.... but it also doesn't show all the truth!
All of us here know the size of a pen blank and therefore the 'real' size of those pieces and the precision needed - if I'm making a table for instance I might be (a bit!) more comfortable as there are greater tolerances but there's no room to be a mm or two out :shitfan:

Thanks for sharing through it looks interesting!

Your segmenting has had an influence though...if my current project comes out as planned I'll share :praying:
Paddy, I set the mitre guage to 30 degrees for the two different shaped pieces.
The most difficult bit was dimensioning the mahogany to be exactly the same thickness as the sandwiched piece.