• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Textured oak box

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Been a long while since I’ve turned anything but a recent visit to a gift shop with turned items for sale that had been textured got me thinking :think:

I’ve never textured anything I’ve turned so this is my first go, I chose oak as it’s open grained & I figured it would work well.

0972B15E-E7B4-486F-9FFA-5927133B6B59.jpeg

The textured sides are finished with oil while the smooth top & insides are finished with sanding sealer & wax.

05DF6300-07C1-4ED2-B2D0-7544EDCC66EC.jpeg

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Nice one mate.
Glad you left some plain bits as it works well.
Are you going to Newark in March? Would be good to meet up if so.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Nice one mate.
Glad you left some plain bits as it works well.
Are you going to Newark in March? Would be good to meet up if so.
I really hope to get there on the Friday this year Neil, had planned to meet Woody last year but the weather intervened really gutted now that I couldn’t get.
What day are you going?

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
I really hope to get there on the Friday this year Neil, had planned to meet Woody last year but the weather intervened really gutted now that I couldn’t get.
What day are you going?
We,re coming down on the Friday and staying at the premier inn to go to the show on Saturday. Had an air b+b booked last year and lost all of the money due to the weather

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Not an easy wood to turn Doug but you’ve done that well, the beauty is in the simplicity. Nice one mate.