• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Slimline in Cross Cut Tiger Bamboo

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
This is a sample Slimline that our Dan so kindly sent me. It is dressed in Tiger Bamboo got out of a piece of FREE Flooring sample.

:thinks:Vic:thinks:

Attachments

• DSCN0205 copy.jpg
    DSCN0205 copy.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 140

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I do like the wheel on the clip, I love the wood, you've done a great job.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Smashing pen, lovely pic Vic, it does look like X cut bamboo indeed.
Not keen on the hat it's wearing but I 'll forgive you as its a freebie. :funny:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Nicely done Vic, I didn't tell you it was a b**stard to turn:funny:, well worth the effort though. (Woody, if your looking for the free samples it's Tiger strand bamboo).

I also bought some worktop samples came on Friday, Wenge, American walnut, Zebrawood each 200 x 150 x 40 at a fiver each and they are well worth the cost.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice Vic, a lovely piece of wood and nicely turned. thumbs?

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Vic I've only had one attempt at cross cut and I'm still finding bits of it around the workshop months later !! But when it comes out like this it's got to be worth another try :thumbs::thumbs: If I'm honest I probably find the kit a bit fussy but it's different and that's what some people are looking for so I don't rule anything out

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Would really like to see a larger centre band and just love that clip with the roller a pain to use some other clips that dont have enough spring in them for me the top is a bit obtrusive, but in the pocket could be a winner. Everything depends on first blush when you see a kit either in the hand tip extended, in the pocket, in a presentation box. Cant beat that for turning difficult and on its own without the colour an uninteresting bamboo.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).