• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

14 1/2" Natural edge Ash bowl

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Several people did songs entitled Its just one of those things, probably the best known is by Incognito. Right, that's the sad bast*rd bit out of the way.

Did you expect that to split Woody and was it dry when you turned it?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Several people did songs entitled Its just one of those things, probably the best known is by Incognito. Right, that's the sad bast*rd bit out of the way.

Did you expect that to split Woody and was it dry when you turned it?

I always expect wet bowls to either change shape or split then if they don't its a bonus I did think when I oiled it that it should go back out in the workshop away from the central heating but like an idiot I left it indoors my thinking was well its not that wet it split were it did because that was the thickest part if I had removed all the wood around the dovetail like I have now I may have got away with it

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Such a shame Woody, but I bet you'll be able to recover it if anyone can. Do you keep it in a box with some shavings or a brown bag or something like that or just open?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
It is standing on a bed of nails with the first coat of oil on it out in my workshop

Jim

Grand Master
That is a shame Woody, but as already said, you are the master of recovery so looking forward to seeing the finished piece ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).