• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
... Only 34 to go!:funny:

Luckily the brief for these Honey dippers is that they are all individuals, so no template and all turned freestyle!
hd_640x286.jpg

hd1_592x480.jpg

This one was Ali's idea!

hd2_583x480.jpg

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Treen sells well, has a need basis. Looks like fun ,no pressure. I used to buy 15 kgs of honey each yr for my use, restricted now.

What timber did you chose Neil?

Peter.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Treen sells well, has a need basis. Looks like fun ,no pressure. I used to buy 15 kgs of honey each yr for my use, restricted now.

What timber did you chose Neil?

Peter.

Steamed Beech Peter.

If you put a point on the drip end it is called a bee's butt honey dipper. Are you using a skew?

I've turned all the blanks to round with a roughing gouge, I'm then point marking with the skew, removing a lot of the stem waste with the roughing gouge, then shaping properly with the skew. The stem needs finger support behind as the finishing cuts are made.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
What only two Neil blimey by the end of today you should have them finished:funny::funny::funny:

only two done.......stop yacking an get on with it then:tongue:

Nicely turned Neil :thumbs::thumbs:

It's all of the tea breaks he keeps having:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
What only two Neil blimey by the end of today you should have them finished:funny::funny::funny:

It's all of the tea breaks he keeps having:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I wish it was fag breaks!:rolling: I've gone from a very healthy smoker, to being a very unhealthy pill popping overweight old man.

The meds keeping me alive are killing me!

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I wish it was fag breaks!:rolling: I've gone from a very healthy smoker, to being a very unhealthy pill popping overweight old man.

The meds keeping me alive are killing me!

Same happened to me stopped smoking and put on weight.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Wonder is these days if they will operate if you are a smoker. I quit from 60 a day 1962 it is worth it in the long run.

Peter.

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
I should say those look the bee's knees but I won't. You should be well practiced in the skew by the time you get those all done.

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were going to start a crossword. :banana:

Nice work Neil. I like to see useful items being created. A Dalek is just what we need right now to exterminate politicians. :thumbs:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
How many is that now Neil

Not that many to be honest Derek, think I've made 18 or so. I can't work anyway near as much as I need to at the moment due to medication side effects. The Doctors are tweaking my meds to try and sort things out, but if a new med makes me worse I'm stuck with it for at least a month before I'm taken off it.:rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).