• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

4th pen

Antpens

Apprentice Member
First Name
Ant
Sorry you must be bored of my updates. This is my 4th finished pen. For the first time I made no obvious mistakes and tried a different finish in boiled linseed and ca. Really proud of it. Any got any of there first pens to share and compare :)

20180601_191121.jpg

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
That looks good, what is the wood? Many people now, Myself included go for a Melamine lacquer finish, it gives wonderful results and is a lot less messy. :thumbs::thumbs:

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
That looks great Ant, nice finish. As for photo's of the first pens, well the real first practice pen pics are hidden somewhere, I think I started logging them at what I termed 'proper pen #1' ;)

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Put a few pens in this box temporarily lat night sighted my first pen object a Huon Pine Perfume dispenser I made last century in the the 1980,s. Took the pics flash quickly,the Dispenser on my handbook for our 1999 Mercedes 4 wheel drive,my next task is to change the low beams to high power lamps from 55 watts this morning.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 24
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).