• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A Big Thank You

Peter-J

Apprentice Member
First Name
Peter
Hi There,
Well I went down to Mike Johnson,s house today and was made most welcome by him and the family including the dog. I was quite taken aback by the amount of tools and equipment he has at hand. The advise and instruction he gave me was excellent, along with the money saving tips when buying your stock. His work for a Help The Heros is to be commended, I don't know how he finds the time. A true gentleman in every way. I even got to make my first pen which of course will be going to my long suffering wife who will now have to put up with pen turning as well as my woodcarving. Thank you again Mike for a wonderful introduction to this fascinating hobby. I can feel my wallet shrinking ad I type. Hopefully this will be the start of a lasting friendship.

Regards Peter

P.S Here's the pen.

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Lovely pen for your first Peter, well done to Mike for showing you the ropes too, great wee place this forum, so much help.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Looks good and sounds like you had a great time:thumbs:

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).