• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A bullet pen I did it my way

Jim

Grand Master
Looks super Woody, very nice idea with the way you done the clip, i like it .. :thumbs:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
very very nice and a hidden clip even better was it Ed or Paul that tryed it last week anyway now you can do a hidden clip well done Woody cracker.:thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Like the clip 100% the positioning of the clip timber and cartridge a combination that offers more than some competes with the others.

Peter.

ZuluTiming

OK, this is by far "The Best" bullet pen I've seen because of the exact fit between the cone and the bullet neck. I do not know how did you do that. I always found that the diameter of the bullet neck was not the same as the cone nib.
Do you mind sharing?
It is possible there was an explanation in somewhere but after five vodka tonics and browsing Menorca holidays ... I do not care :). I just booked one in end of May...

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
OK, this is by far "The Best" bullet pen I've seen because of the exact fit between the cone and the bullet neck. I do not know how did you do that. I always found that the diameter of the bullet neck was not the same as the cone nib.
Do you mind sharing?
It is possible there was an explanation in somewhere but after five vodka tonics and browsing Menorca holidays ... I do not care :). I just booked one in end of May...

That is the first one I have done that fits exact the tip of the case can be opened up with a bit of friendly persuasion by first heating it up and gently tapping a dolly in the end much like you do with copper pipe when plumbing or put a centre punch in the hole which is firmly fixed in the vice and gently heat with a blow torch and tap away on the outside till it opens up to the size you want hope that helps

ZuluTiming

That is the first one I have done that fits exact the tip of the case can be opened up with a bit of friendly persuasion by first heating it up and gently tapping a dolly in the end much like you do with copper pipe when plumbing or put a centre punch in the hole which is firmly fixed in the vice and gently heat with a blow torch and tap away on the outside till it opens up to the size you want hope that helps

Thanks, I've got to try that method as well. :thumbs:

ZuluTiming

I have two types, 7.62 and .308 Winchester which I believe are interchangeable, or same calibre, could be wrong though as I know squats about guns. Anyway, the casing on unused .308 W is 8.54 mm.
I went and measured the Euro tip which I was using to try and fit into the casing and the tip is a bit bigger at 9.1 mm. What should I have done, and I've just tested it, was to use Slimline tip which fits at 8.52.
So, turnaround360 is correct. The tips on Euro and Slimline are not the same.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
I have two types, 7.62 and .308 Winchester which I believe are interchangeable, or same calibre, could be wrong though as I know squats about guns. Anyway, the casing on unused .308 W is 8.54 mm.
I went and measured the Euro tip which I was using to try and fit into the casing and the tip is a bit bigger at 9.1 mm. What should I have done, and I've just tested it, was to use Slimline tip which fits at 8.52.

308. And 7.62 are the same

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex

They are the same as the used ones I have what is the head stamp on the new ones u bought

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).