• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A little bit of history

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Thanks for passing the message on Jim, I've emailed Cathy & will keep you all informed of progress.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Thought I'd post this here as it finishes off this thread nicely, I emailed Cathy this picture & asked her which pen she would like.

image.jpg

Here is her reply:-

Dear Doug,

Please excuse me for getting emotional (soppy!), but I got all teary when I saw the beautiful pens you have made. Your generosity is amazing, and so appreciated! This is such a link to the past for me, and as an immigrant, somehow even more precious.

I have considered carefully, and discussed it all with my husband, and I would love to have the one on the right. Now I realise that depends on how you hold the photo, so it's the one without a waist, and a bit more chrome. I think it will be the most pleasant and easy to write with, as well as being so beautiful.

And I don't feel it has been a long while at all - I'm just very touched that you would also give me choice!

Thankyou again,
Cathy Worthington.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
How nice for you to give her a pen like this and for her to show so much appreciation. Well done Doug :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for this Doug, i like how you can make your women go all soppy to ... :kiss:

Great ending my friend .. :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Well the pens have arrived at Cathy's & I thought I'd pass her email particularly for Jim but also as it just goes to show even non pen turners think this is a great forum.

Dear Doug,

A parcel arrived today from England – with two pens in it!! You are so kind – and you did it again! I am truly not prone to getting all emotional, but the combination of your generosity and the link to my grandfather, and the bravery of those sailors in the far-off days in World War One – well, maybe I had some excuse!

The pens are beautiful in and of themselves, and the wood has that lovely satiny sheen in the grain – works of art. I will have so much pleasure in sharing their story with my family and my friends – a unique memory gift that really will be treasured.

Please thank your forum webmaster for passing on my initial email – the whole forum gave me a feeling of a great group of people who really share a passion for what they do, and clearly have great skills and respect for each other (but who don’t mind ribbing each other, too!) .

Once again – thank you so very much,

Cathy

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well aint that nice and worth a mint cash cant buy how that must make you feel Doug well done mate your a star

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for sharing the email Doug, it is great that this forum can be part of such a wonderful story and happy ending .. :thumbs:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Fellow
Doug,
It's great that our hobby can cross borders and hearts...
Making people happy is one of the best feelings you can get ain't..
and you've done it ...

Good one buddy......:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).