• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A little different

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi guys as the title sugests...i bought this from the states a while ago as a bottle stopper blank, i was unsure if it would work with the fly but there was sufficient room to get some shape....good job too...i bought a couple :whistling:

20160714_204554.jpg

fly.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
That just may work Mark .. Love the shape that you made the handle .. :thumbs:

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Thanks Jim....you can see the hook really well....its the tips of the feathers i was worrying about....but i was pleased...polished nicely also....bah the dusty thumb print

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
You've done a cracking job there and being a wet shaver myself I think it would look pretty good in my bathroom :ciggrin:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Looks great to me.

If you cast your own I think the fly would look good the other way

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
You've done a cracking job there and being a wet shaver myself I think it would look pretty good in my bathroom :ciggrin:

What Ed said Mark, but...... I'm a wet shaver ....and....a fly fisherman. :winking:

That's a great conversation piece you've made though I guess it depends on who you share your bathroom with. :ciggrin:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I,m hooked and think its in the right way what we are looking at is a finished masterpiece. Love the shape and the brush.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).