• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A square bowl

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
It is finished Woody I am just about to put the finish on but we are now lumbered with grandkids so it might be Sunday before I can show it !!!!

Jolly good did you enjoy doing it I cant wait to see how it turned out

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Jolly good did you enjoy doing it I cant wait to see how it turned out

I thoroughly enjoyed it Woody but I have to confess turning the turned down wings when there are only 3 and the lathe is running at 1250rpm
takes one helluva lot of tool control as I couldn't see the wings just had to feel for them !!!!:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I thoroughly enjoyed it Woody but I have to confess turning the turned down wings when there are only 3 and the lathe is running at 1250rpm
takes one helluva lot of tool control as I couldn't see the wings just had to feel for them !!!!:thumbs:

Thats the real world of turning mate do a few like that and you can do anything

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I'm quite chuffed with it Woody. It may not be up to your standard being my first attempt but then again I may never have done it if I hadn't talked to you !!!!:thumbs:

As long as you enjoyed doing it mate then that's all that counts were not in competition with each other mate mind the design we were talking about isn't the easiest to do

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek

Don't know if you have tried but put a piece of black card behind the piece(If possible) helps to make the ghosting stand out a bit better

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Don't know if you have tried but put a piece of black card behind the piece(If possible) helps to make the ghosting stand out a bit better

Good thinking Derek. The bowl that I have made is like the tri cornered one as I saw yours on another forum but I wanted to turn the corners down.I started it late on yesterday and finished this morning and I only have to put a finish on. Trouble is shed time is now out as we have been landed with the grandkids !!!:thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Trouble is shed time is now out as we have been landed with the grandkids !!!:thumbs:

Know that feeling had visitors from the other side of the country today so no shed time and tomorrow one of ours is with us but he wants to make something with grandad:rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).