• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A Trio of fancy pen clips

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Very nice:thumbs: did you make them yourself?

Peter

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
They look ok (ish) johnny.

I am just thinking they would have looked better on a totally different clip altogether rather than leaving on the original clips.:thinks:

I have seen a few done this way but I am not a lover of them TBH.

Great set of pens tho..

johnny5

Registered
Dominant attachments on the clips overshadow the pens,certainly different mate.

Peter.
Thanks for your comment Peter
I can see where our coming from about the charm taking away the focus from the pen. but i am trying to create the focus towards the symbol and not the pen which is the functional part of the pen, each one of these clips symbolises something about myself, I am a Registered nurse who supports Swansea City and has a Craft page called Black lion crafts.
I have already had many requests for the Nurse pen clip and Swan clip. Different is the key.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks for your comment Peter
I can see where our coming from about the charm taking away the focus from the pen. but i am trying to create the focus towards the symbol and not the pen which is the functional part of the pen, each one of these clips symbolises something about myself, I am a Registered nurse who supports Swansea City and has a Craft page called Black lion crafts.
I have already had many requests for the Nurse pen clip and Swan clip. Different is the key.

Johnny you confirm my thoughts and dominance is good in this case excellent, all the best mate.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Vietnamese people use the Swan as a love symbol because they mate for life. A guy from that country attended to my feet, his wife is the receptionist. He pulled a sliver of steel from a big toe, then tested my feet found I had Neuropathy in both feet. Feeling very grateful to now be aware of danger like that sliver I had not felt.

I went home and made a pen stand in Burl, looked up nDr Google learned about Swans and their country. Made the stand with two Swans in a Card Holder in Pewter.

Took it into them I had engraved in Vietnamese the word love. They both oohed and ahhed, she then said was that love in their language. Yes it was I said oh she said we were both born in Australia. I said then you can put your cards on the entry shelf, she said no way someone else might touch it.

So I will look about for the Swan emblem for a mate of miner born in Vietnam.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).