• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A very nice surprise

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
This evening a young lady knocked on the door with a small parcel which the postman had delivered to the wrong house number even though it had my address on it. Reading the Label I see it is from the other side of the world, yes you guessed it Australia.
Inside there is an early Christmas card and 11 very nice pen blanks all nicely cut and sealed, from what I can guess is Iron Bark from a friend I have got to know on another forum who was taking down a Iron Bark tree. Photo's to follow to dark to get a proper picture tonight

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
When I was doing a lot of fashion photography a lot of sweet young things used to knock on our door. Most would ask for me,if I was not there they would break off. I could tell by the expression when I arrived home something was amiss.

Ironbark is my very good friend,he has an incredible stash, a great guy.

Peter.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
As promised photo's of the blanks, he had to put a finish on them.

Attachments

• DSCF8529.jpg
    DSCF8529.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 27

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Bit disappointed there Derek, when you said photos to follow, I thought you meant photos of the young lady :wink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).