• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Acrylic display tubes.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
How many of you use the acrylic display tubes?

I use them to store the pens for safe keeping until they are sold or if I ever need to take them to a fair / market.

I also have the 48 pen holder wallets which are great for displaying them, but I don't feel it protects them well enough when transporting them around.

I'm finding the the acrylic tubes are getting expensive around 50 to 80p (cheaper if you buy in bulk) depending on where you get them from now so was interested in what other use.

Look forward to your replies..

Sgreen

Registered
First Name
Simon
I don't use anything at the moment. just starting out and don't have enough good stock to sell yet. I was looking at the acrylic tubes because they looked to be cost effective and strong. Now I know they are neither. I hope others can give a better answer.

Bammer

Fellow
First Name
Brad
I use the wraps from Axminster.

I found the elastic on the wallets was actually marking the acrylic pens and marking the finish on the wood pens during the hot weather in the summer, especially my homemade PR blanks

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I use the wraps from Axminster.

I found the elastic on the wallets was actually marking the acrylic pens and marking the finish on the wood pens during the hot weather in the summer, especially my homemade PR blanks

Is that the 18 pen hold-all Brad?

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I use the tubes for protection as well as some of the large cases and I guess I have a couple of dozen normal size as well as some of the thinner ones for slimlines. They are very strong but as said, not cheap and some of the bigger pens are too tight a fit.
My missus has one she keeps her favourite sierra in and she loves it

Bammer

Fellow
First Name
Brad
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).