• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Adding images to a post

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Important: You will need to have posted at least twice on the Forum before you can add images.

Once you have 2 posts under your belt, you can add images to your posts in either of 2 different ways:

Insert Image will upload a single image from your device. It will be placed in-line with your text and will be displayed at full size. Unless you have photo editing software, and can re-size your image to, say, 800 pixels, it's not the best way of adding an image, as large pictures tend to swamp the page and take time to be displayed. For those viewing on a small screen or with a slow internet connection, an inserted image can be frustrating.

Attach File is a better way, as images are displayed as thumbnails at the end of a post, which anyone viewing can click and see at full size if they wish to. Attach File also has the advantage of allowing up to 10 images to be uploaded at a time.

Adding images.jpg

Last edited:

Curly

Graduate Member
First Name
Peter
I use the Attach files method but resize them anyway, slow internet. When I read the posts I hover the curser over the image and it will display the size. If it is more than a few hundred KB then I usually skip the long wait to look at it. Some of the phones make images that are over 5 Megabytes each. I am appreciative of those that resize their pictures. They still look the same at the biggies.

Pete

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
Oh! I didn’t know that about the attach files thing. Every day is a school day!
đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Me neither I always used the insert image.... mental note to self - use attach files.....
<mental note to you lot - I apologise now for when I forget and just use insert image!>

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).