• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Adjustable bandsaw sled for Celtic knots and segmenting

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Nice one, job well done. Mine is a fixed 45 degrees and I have to put inserts in to change the position of the blank. I would like the versatility yours gives.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Terry I am looking at building a new sled for my bandsaw and considering stealing this one.
I want it to be a multi purpose sled with removable jigs init to include your ideas here.
You have had this one for some time now and I was wondering how it is standing the test of time?
Are there any changes or additions you would make to it or is it perfection?
I appreciate this is a small sled for segmenting but the angles are still relevant and I only have a small bandsaw so it looks ideal.
I was thinking of adding a handlebar at the rear for fitting of additional fences I might need.
Any ideas / suggestions before I set to work on it?

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Terry I am looking at building a new sled for my bandsaw and considering stealing this one.
I want it to be a multi purpose sled with removable jigs init to include your ideas here.
You have had this one for some time now and I was wondering how it is standing the test of time?
Are there any changes or additions you would make to it or is it perfection?
I appreciate this is a small sled for segmenting but the angles are still relevant and I only have a small bandsaw so it looks ideal.
I was thinking of adding a handlebar at the rear for fitting of additional fences I might need.
Any ideas / suggestions before I set to work on it?

take a look at my as well Brian http://www.penturners.co.uk/your-tips-jigs/1210-celtic-knot-jig.html it dose all sorts

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Sorry Brian but I have only used it a couple of times and that was a while ago so I can't offer you anymore tips although I have to say it worked beautifully for me.
Frankie (Turnaround 360) made a version similar to mine a month or two after I made mine so it might pay you to look up his version.

I hope that helps !!!

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Cheers Alex yours is similar to what I am using with fixed angles, I am thinking of sliding angles I like the versatility of Terry's one.
Cheers Terry I will try to find Frankie's one.
I think it will be more used for for straight 90 degree cuts but like the idea of adding the angles when required.

Go for it Brian. If you are going to make one you might as well have one that is all singing and dancing rather than wishing you had made one !!!!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Terry my bandsaw tracks enough to make it inconsistent like your idea of waiting for a new blade the jig looks a winner.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).