• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

AH 1218VS LATHE

MikeO

First Name
Michael
Does anyone own one of these?
I need the hole centres of the 4 bolts on the bottom.
I'm trying to make a base out of wood before lathe arrives ready for fixing.
Any help appreciated
Mike

monophoto

First Name
Louie
Better wait until it arrives not a biggee then spot on.
Agree - that's what I did when I bought my lathe. The only downside of this approach is that I had to put the lathe in position on my bench, mark the holes, and then put it somewhere else while I drilled pilot holes for the carriage screws that I used to attach the lathe to the bench. So I had to pick it up three times (first to put in into position for measuring, then to put it aside for drilling, and then to restore it to its final position), and the darn thing is heavy!

I did inquire about the overall length so that I could be sure that it would fit on my bench.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).