• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Alligator jaw pen

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
When SWMBO went through Double Cancer resulting in a huge operation a guy in Texas wrote to us and asked a question. In essence he said he was moved by the seriousness of the situation and he wanted to make a blank for Wilma, what was her favourite colour. Being naturally cautious I approached her indirectly knowing she favoured a tone not a colour. So I was surprised to learn it was red.

Two blanks were sent with teeth sticking out here and there cast in Aluminite. I had awful experiences with Aluminite previously anyway this is the second one I made yesterday for her tailoring it to her smaller hand. The red is deep and beautiful, my lighting is a bit flat.She loves it.

Peter.

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
Alligator jaw?? It's nicely turned and finished as usual Peter, but it makes me feel queasy. :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).