• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Annual show

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
The club that I belong too is having an Annual show as this is the first year that I have been a member I have decided to have a table and not having displayed on a 6ft table I thought I would have a dry run here at home. So this is my set up minus any cloths which will cover the table and some taylor made covers for the stands.
Your thoughts people

27616.jpg

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
It looks very impressive Derek, some really nice pieces there, who's the dude smoking a joint on the right? :funny::thumbs::thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It looks good and with the tailor made cloths will look even better, just make sure you have some great lighting to enhance your display, if you can get spotlights as well you can highlight the display to maximise the impact.

Peter

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Very impressive Derek. You've got the height and the interest but I hope you don't mind me saying, I think I'd go for a a bit of asymmetry rather than symmetry if it were my table

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Impressive amount of work on display.

Phil, had to look up asymmetry, but see where you are coming from, possibly group similar items??

But an excellent display of your skills Derek.:thumbs:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
It looks impressive Derek but I would lift the bottom shelf a bit or your platters could be knocked on the deck if someone reaches for something on the second shelf & catches them with their arm. Won't be their fault of course.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Our Clubs Annual Show comes up with the visiting Working With Wood Show soonish when the Wood Show give us huge space to display the Annual Comp as well. Any sales free of % to the Show can be sold at a large sales table. I have been a Steward since the 80,s usually take some pics. There are no individual tables for members but heaps of demos by the special interest groups. Looking forward to it again. Saves us 15000 the cost it used to be to stage our own exhibition yrs ago. Love hearing about Wood Clubs. Ours is set to increase our huge shed by 60.000 Au Annual Meeting 250 plus members tonight.I took Mark and Cherie to our Shed and the President had a yarn with us.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).