• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Another 2 experimental pens

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
They look far too professional and are quite evidently produced by a quality pen manufacturer! Like them a lot and you've given me (along with Brodys compressed spring) some ideas, which have probably been tried by someone elsewhere!

Thanks Neil
What's Brodys compressed spring?

I've been asked by a friend if I can make something for his car mad, car salesman son and the only thing I've seen is the spring shock absorber kit from the states which i'm not sure about. Been racking my brains for ideas of something I could make up myself.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks Neil
What's Brodys compressed spring?

I've been asked by a friend if I can make something for his car mad, car salesman son and the only thing I've seen is the spring shock absorber kit from the states which i'm not sure about. Been racking my brains for ideas of something I could make up myself.

The spring he mentioned is by tensioning the wire around a smaller dimensioned dowel. My idea was to do exactly that, paint the tube, stretch carefully the copper wire spring and glue at either end with a bit of ca then cast in resin. If the copper wire is large enough it will poke through the resin when turned.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).