• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Another one off the "to do" list

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Been on my list for a long time and I admit to struggling a bit to finish it, my boredom threshhold is low and the sanding was a bit tedious so don't know if I'll do it again though the kids say I have to so there's no fighting when I pop my clogs :funny:
Wood is some kind of softwood I think but quite dense and heavy :idontknow: Shell without stand is around 150mm high.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Very impressive Bob. Like Eamonn said I would not have a clue where to even start on that. You must have loads of patience .

It would be interesting to hear how you went about it :thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I have trouble trying to cut a serpentine design on the scroll saw in fact I've never managed it. :rolling:

A bit different with these Peter, it's just a series of horse shoe shapes, 32 total in this one. I cut them all on the scrollsaw but it struggled a little with the thicker sizes, would have been a lot easier on the bandsaw if I'd hadn't been too lazy to change the blade. :goesred: One bit of wood about 50 x 100 x 150mm. I chose this for the grain but it was heavy and hard so for a first try it would have been easier using basic pine. I mainly hand shaped and sanded whereas the guy on youtube uses a soft sanding disk which looks a lot quicker.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).