• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
After nearly 44 years travelling the country and working all sorts of hours I've finally packed it in. It's time now to spend some quality time with Lorraine and perhaps finding a bit of time in the workshop.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Enjoy your retirement mate. I've been finished for 5 years now and never looked back. I had a good job and never had a problem going to work but hey this retirement lark is brill. I never know what time it is, I ain't got a clue about dates , I sometimes get the day right and I'm usually spot on which month we are in. The only problem is "Where does the bloody time go".

:thumbs::thumbs:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I'm five years in too...like Vic says 'It's fantastic' what I cant understand is how did I find the time to go to work ?:thinks:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I had to pack up work for other reasons but all the same I still can't get enough shed time. Enjoy it once you get into a routine it is great

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Well done, Keith - now enjoy everything you've worked so hard for! And that includes the wife - we joke about them but we'd be lost without 'em!!!

Bob.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
All the best to you and yours Keith. Only roads that should concern you now are those that go where you want them!

Any time you are up this way you know you are most welcome to drop in. Ali sends her best wishes also.:thumbs:

Are you at Harrogate this year?

Last edited:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Hmm, edit post doesn't seem to work.

Meant to add are you going to Harrogate this year?

Oh it does work. but very very slowly!:funny::ciggrin:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
All the best to you and yours Keith. Only roads that should concern you now are those that go where you want them!

Any time you are up this way you know you are most welcome to drop in. Ali sends her best wishes also.:thumbs:

Are you at Harrogate this year?

Thanks Neil mate. I was telling Lorraine today that I needed to stock up on various polishes etc and that I was going to order some for delivery then she said why not wait till Harrogate. I didn't argue with such a wise decision. I'll find out what day Jim is going then give you a shout. It'll probably be the Saturday. No doubt a few of the forum members will be there. Is Walter going?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Keith enjoy the time mate my time revolves around my wifes as I am the driver. We stopped having stickers on the windscreen a couple of yrs for registration discovered I had not renewed rego for three weeks, sometimes things build up on you and you misplace paper work. Have fun mate.

Peter.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks Neil mate. I was telling Lorraine today that I needed to stock up on various polishes etc and that I was going to order some for delivery then she said why not wait till Harrogate. I didn't argue with such a wise decision. I'll find out what day Jim is going then give you a shout. It'll probably be the Saturday. No doubt a few of the forum members will be there. Is Walter going?

We only live a few miles away from Harrogate, but we have in recent years made it a social event as well.

We go up on the Friday and stay over for the night, allowing us to catch up with friends like Walter and Philip Greenwood over a small sherry, and a bite to eat.:ciggrin:

Walter and I then go to the show on the Saturday whilst the ladies avail themselves of what Harrogate has to offer, whilst we spend at the show!:ciggrin:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Enjoy your retirement, but don't think you'll have more time for hobbies, the time just flies away. It's like Vic & Ed say.:thumbs:

woodhacker

Fellow
First Name
Peter also been called many others
Enjoy your retirement. :thumbs: Or what time you will get to yourself as everyone will think you have all the time in the world and will want things done. Just to give you something to do with all your spare time.
Peter with no spare time.:sob:

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Well done Keith I retired earlier in the year no more 13 hour night shifts or work it is great but true what others say about time you will soon wonder how you had time to work.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).