• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Axminster Deluxe Adjustable Pen Mandrel

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Is anyone using one of these mandrels? I am ready for a new one so just looking at my options? :thinks:

Axminster Deluxe Adjustable Pen Mandrel

I have one Jim and I use it more than any of my others. It is true that the bushings supplied with it will not fit other mandrels but I have never found a bushing from any other supplier that will not fit the Axminster. The collet chuck facility is useful too if you ever need to hold small stuff directlly.

i might treat my self to a new one before my one take my finger off who thought it would be a good idea to put a screw that stick out about 10mm from the main body :nonono::nonono:

You must have one of the Turner's Retreat ones then Alex? That really is a poor bit of design. Its not as if you can't get shorter grub screws.

Jim

Grand Master
The collet chuck facility is useful too if you ever need to hold small stuff directlly.

That is another reason what helped make my mind up Walter ... :wink:

You must have one of the Turner's Retreat ones then Alex? That really is a poor bit of design. Its not as if you can't get shorter grub screws.

Yeah it will be a TR one, i had the same but removed the long screw, but only after a near miss ... :rant:

I can't believe you bought the last one Alex ... :whistling:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
That is another reason what helped make my mind up Walter ... :wink:

Yeah it will be a TR one, i had the same but removed the long screw, but only after a near miss ... :rant:

I can't believe you bought the last one Alex ... :whistling:

that the way i like to do it

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Fellow
Yes Jim, I have one, they are brilliant. Brought this when I first started last year and it's been solid.
I haven't upgraded to different sized collets yet but its in my wish list.. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
It must be like buying a mill its just the beginning it seems to cover most of the bases. I bought a set from this same firm one collet was wonky but hey it happens have good fortune with yours.

Seems this unit allows great freedom.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).