• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Axminster Euro Twist

webby962

First Name
Adie
To be honest, I'm not too keen on the Euro design with the weightier top and slim body, so I used the kit but made the body the same width as the centre band. I also got to practice a new skill of cutting in a shoulder for the centre band to slip over. Over all, I must admit, I'm quite happy with it.

2016-07-17 19.41.25.jpg

Adie

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well done Adie you have done a good job with the conversion they do look much better like that I used to do the same thing but give up on the kit in the end

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Good adaptation Adie. Like Woody I gave up on the euro kits some time ago. Take a look at the Elegant American from turners retreat. A much better quality to start with and it gives you more or less the result you have achieved without the need to adapt.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Great pen sir ..when I make Euros I also turn a little tenon around 1 mm to allow the bottom pen body fit snugly into the cap bandP1050227.jpg

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Solves the to me not so likeable dip from the cap to the body of this kit. Full marks for the work around Adie (and Ed). THats a beaut pen mate.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).