• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Belmont Woodfest '23

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi all,
Another really nice day out, if not a tad warm (30°+) and great to meet up with old friends too, cheers Derek aka @Dalboy from whom I bought a great bowl....
I did see a couple of other penturners one with a steam powered lathe.... It really is a great show...

Attachments

• IMG_20230910_140723.jpg
    IMG_20230910_140723.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 13

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Sounds like you had a good day.
It's a nice old/ traditional country fair, predominantly around wood with associated crafts, from chainsaws to fencers, pole lathes to spoon carvers...

Attachments

• IMG_20230910_181816_edit_1732740535708512.jpg
    IMG_20230910_181816_edit_1732740535708512.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi all,
Another really nice day out, if not a tad warm (30°+) and great to meet up with old friends too, cheers Derek aka @Dalboy from whom I bought a great bowl....
I did see a couple of other penturners one with a steam powered lathe.... It really is a great show...
Great to meet up again Mark seems to be a yearly event for us both. I had a great weekend both on the sales side as well as meeting loads of woodies some I have known for some time.
Was the turned you spoke about using a stationary engine to run his lathe and not a steam operated, if so I have had the pleasure of showing him a few tips and also turning on the lathe he has.

And as for the bowl you could not afford the whole one so I sold you one with a bit missing :funny:
:funny: :funny: Seriously hope you enjoy your selection that is one of my favorites I think the inclusion just adds to it

Unfortunately some of the arena events where not run because of the heat and the animal owners would not allow their animals to perform as they thought it just too hot. Plenty of dog water bowls around the site as well as a few paddling pools for the dogs to cool down in. This was well thought out by the organisers

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Derek your probably right, I thought it was steam, but it certainly was stationary....
As to the bowl... All I can say is my wife has impeccable taste:lmao:
We sat watching the dog paddling pool whilst eating lunch, two springers were having a whale of a time.... :chuckle:

As I have already said a great day!!

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Just a quick view of my set up

Attachments

• Belmont 2023.jpg
    12.9 MB · Views: 15

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi Del nice to see you still going to the wood fest show setup still as good as ever glad you had a good time Terry
Yep still doing the rounds Terry hope all is well and that you are turning plenty of pens

Paul-H

First Name
Paul
Somehow missed this one, didn't even know it was on.

Where do they advertise this sort of show ?

Hope they run it again next year.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi Paul, it's been running over 8 years to my knowledge, I only stumbled across it myself after a visit to the house (massive clock collection).... I saw two posters on the A20 but not much more, might be better advertised around Faversham?
It has been annual, so hopefully on next year too.... See you there??

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Paul as Mark said it is a yearly event I have had a stall there since 2016 always a good show the wife looks after the stall for a while so I can walk around not only to talk to like minded people but to see what is going along.
And since Mark has started going we get to meet up each year and have a good chat and laugh.