• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Big hello from Galloway, Scotland

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hello Brian good to see you here. Hope you enjoy your stay here any questions just ask away. Look forward to seeing some of your scroll work in the scroll saw section and please show some of your past work

Just notice the link to your work:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
Hello Brian and welcome to the nuthouse. I love your Intarsia animals especially the dogs, do you design your own layouts ?
I have met you on the other forum, I just bought a Parkside scroll saw. If you are across in Fife or thinking of coming, give me a shout first :winking:

Last edited:

Claymore

Apprentice Member
First Name
Brian
Thanks everyone and glad you like the wildlife Intarsia's, I have noticed many of you use Corian for pens...... well I have been using Corian for Intarsia's and although its pretty difficult to do thanks to the scroll blades sticking if it get warm you can get a lovely finish on it. I polish mine with Solvol Autosol chrome polish, I have attached a few photo's of the Corian Intarsias...... all Corian and no paint involved.
Cheers
Brian
Ps I have had a go with my Proxxon DB250 lathe and love it! will post my first bit of turning.. basic stuff but have caught the bug and will be using turned parts in more of my Intarsias.

Attachments

• Corian Mice on Oak Clock (Medium).jpg
    Corian Mice on Oak Clock (Medium).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1585 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1585 (Small).JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1522 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1522 (Small).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 17

Claymore

Apprentice Member
First Name
Brian
Cheers Don, I haven't done a Pug yet but its on my to do list as one of the judges in our local craft show is a Pug owner and when I won last year he asked me to make one like his (its a black one which isn't ideal for wood.. but might do one of each colour instead) have a look on Kathy Wise's and Judy Gale Roberts websites for Pug patterns, I make my own patterns now using Coreldraw but its a slow process for the detailed bike ones as some of them have a few hundred parts.... the Bulldog was a nice project to do to see if Corian would work ok. As far as blades go I only use Pegas Number 3 Skip and maybe a number 5, Some people say they are too fine for thick work but if you take it slowly and use as little pressure as possible they last well and enables you to get very small parts. Due to my hand problems I actually use some long nosed Mole Grips to hold the wood while cutting and i basically steer the wood using my worst hand and apply pressure with the good one lol looks a bit awkward but works for me.
Cheers
Brian

Jim

Grand Master
Love the use of the corian Brian, they look superb my friend .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).